Friday, January 18, 2008

Something new for next year

I have heard from several people that they would like the option to pay for Millard Filmore and other club events using a credit card. I was looking into a couple options, mainly Paypal and Google Checkout.

I am familiar with Paypal, not so much Google Checkout. If anyone has any experience I would love to hear from you.

Anyway, the main thing is, it has to be worth doing. I would have to charge a very small processing fee to those who chose to use this option. It would be very small, basically to cover the cost of the service. I think that with Google it is 2%, with Paypal it is up to 3% depending on the amount.

Who would be want to pay a little extra to use a credit card? You would still have the option of sending a check if you chose not to pay by credit card and the extra fee would not apply.

Tell me what you think.

Rene
renepaquin@sbcglobal.net

No comments: